Saturday, September 24, 2011

James' 5th birthday

James' birthday is September 18. He was very proud that he turned 5 this year.

A dear sister at our light house fellowship remembered James' birthday. She ordered a Tiramisu cake that everybody attending fellowship that Saturday shared for celebration. With tiny candles too! Our family celebration took place on his birthday (Sunday) and we had ice cream in place of cake because we all had too much cake that week.
Yes, I'm turning 5! A big boy now.
James has become quite Lego-mania lately, He plays with those little Lego people (and their weapons/tools) all the time. So it's no surprise that he wanted Lego for birthday. We were lucky to find some Lego sets on sale at Target. I helped him pick two small sets. He was very happy and thanked me after we got home. Oh, he also received presents from 潘德爷爷 (an older brother at church who loves James since he was a baby).

After ice cream, we did the same thing for James. "Tell at least one thing good about James."
Dad: "He can do many things on his own now, like brushing teeth, picking up toys."
Mom: "He is thoughtful and thankful. He sees other people's needs."
Daniel: "Hmmm..." Too busy playing Lego with James.

Since babyhood, James has always been sweet and gentle (although lately he's becoming more rumbustious).  His tenderness and sweetness tugs at my heart. Could it have something to do with him being the younger one? Maybe. While we were at China this past August, my step sister asked me if I favor one child over another. I said NO, and I meant it.  I may have shown my love for them in a different way because each of our children is unique, but one simply can not do a math equation (>, =, or <) for the comparison of a parent's love for his/her children.
What's more blessed than becoming a mother of a child?
Becoming a mother of not one but two!

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday again James! =) Daixin, it's cool that both of your kids are September babies. I love September babies ;) hehe...

    I like how you have your family members each share one good thing about the birthday boy, that's a great way to encourage and bless the child. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joyce! Yeah, it is kind of cool to have their birthdays close together.

    Happy Birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete