Saturday, September 24, 2011

Daniel's 8th Birthday

Daniel's birthday is September 13. He turned 8 this year.

How did we celebrate? With present, food, cake, and good wishes. Daniel had several things on his wish list: Smurf books, an alarm clock, and Nook e-reader, etc. I bought him a digital alarm clock, something useful and practical. Because I didn't have time to wrap it, I played a little gift-hunt game with him, letting him guess where I put his gift. I gave out clues, and he guessed. After several rounds, he was still not getting it. Then James burst out "trunk of your car!" That's how Daniel got his birthday present. He liked it and I liked it too, something useful and practical. We went out to one of his favorite place--Hometown Buffet for dinner and had a mango cake too. While at the restaurant, I asked each family member to say something good about Daniel. Here are a few of them:
Dad: "He has grown a lot and did not lose his temper as often."
Mom: "He is becoming sweeter. He's willing and quick to admit his wrongdoing."
James. "He plays with me."

Dad and mom also prayed for Daniel that he will grow bigger, stronger, and wiser in the coming year.

It's hard to believe that he is already 8 years old. The tiny little thing that entered the world with a full head of hair and a very loud cry. The extremely chubby baby who crawled through the hall way like a champion and who clung to mommy like a magnet. The hot-tempered toddler who tested his parent's limits again and again. The kindergartner who loved to draw and play basketball. The first grader who struggled with classroom and home rules. The second grader who excelled in math and cannot resist origami.

God, thank you for putting this precious little people into my care. What a blessing to be a mother!
Daniel is 8 years old! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated bday to Daniel! =) All the Daniels I know start out a bit on the naughty side but they turn out just fine (my brother is the one I'm thinking about), so your Daniel will too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, good to know that. Naughty and wild as a young boy vs. naughty and wild as a man, I'd rather him starting out naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know Daniel's birthday was only a few days before James! We could have celebrated together!
    Sorry Daniel!

    ReplyDelete