Saturday, March 15, 2014

Monterey: Mission, Beach, Aquarium

The four of us and my sister and her son spent two half days and one night in Monterey. That was in February 2014.

I've been to Monterey a couple of times. Such a beautiful place. Wish that we could stay longer...

The first afternoon we went to Carmel at the Sea. Nice sandy beach. It was a bit cool, but James insisted wearing his short sleeve T-shirt only. He managed to get himself all wet. Luckily, his jacket that he was not wearing was mostly dry. So, he had to wear his jacket with nothing underneath it. Well, it's better than in a wet T-shirt. 







Daniel is studying California history this year. Learning along side with him, I began to appreciate the rich history of Monterey. After reading about Father Serra and the earliest missions in the past few months, the visit to San Carlos Cathedral became much more meaningful. Daniel and I had an interesting conversation with the docent in the Cathedral museum. We purchased a poster to support the museum.











This bark was from the Serra Oak.


I forgot how much fun the aquarium is. Last time I was there, oh, I don't even remember when. 








 Tide pools are always so much fun. See, James caught a little crab! It was released in a few minutes.








1 comment:

  1. Monterey is one of our favorite places, too. I told Jerry that whenever he has a conference there, he's booking it!

    ReplyDelete