Monday, September 3, 2012

Quote of the Week: There is no neutral ground...

I have been pondering the following questions lately:
"Do school subjects such as history and social study have anything to do with God?
What about math, science and economics?
What about art and music?"
when this quote from C.S. Lewis got my attention and confirmed my view.

“There is no neutral ground in the universe; every square inch, every split second, is claimed by God and counter-claimed by Satan."
C.S. Lewis

That reminded me of a Chinese proverb, "普天之下,莫非王土,率土之滨,莫非王臣。"  Here is my paraphrase translation. No land under the sun does not belong to the King; no people living in the land does not submit to the King.

In the September issue of AFA JournalKirk Cameron was quoted in his interview:
"Sometimes as a Christian, I have had a dualistic way of looking at the world. My heart, my marriage and my family may reflect something of heaven. but I would often think that business, science or media was always going to reflect hell because those things belonged to Satan. I don't think that way anymore."

With school starting (today!) and all the extracurricular activities quickly filling up the calendar, I don't have time for more reflection. Let me end with this Bible verse. It is so beautifully and truthfully said, isn't it?

"Lord You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."
Revelation 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment