Wednesday, August 29, 2012

One oh-so-rare day of quite time and a precious gift

A couple of weeks ago, Guibo took the kids and his nephew who was visiting from Berkeley to Six Flags while I stayed behind to start off the school planning.

It was a very hot day. Not long after the gang left, I headed to the library with a backpack with books, calendar, notebook, Bible, and my sandwich lunch and water bottle.  I felt like a student again!  Although only the high level planning was accomplished, I had thoroughly enjoyed my day of quite time praying and planning in the library.

What made that day even more wonderful was a small gift from my son. Daniel handed it to me before dinner and said, "Mom, it's for you. I bought it with my money." The price tag said $5.99. But to me, it is priceless. In the Thank You note to Daniel, I wrote "I will always treasure it". And I will.


Isn't this lovely?
Blue fluid trickling down the winding tube. Fun to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment