Monday, March 11, 2013

Some of James' recent schoolwork

James' first homeschooling year (his kindergarten year) was spent mostly playing with Lego. I attempted to teach him phonics but apparently he was not ready.  This school year, probably right around Christmas, his reading finally took off. I had read so many good reviews for Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons that I bought a new copy. But it did not work for James. What had helped him build confidence and interest is the little I See Sam books. I purchased the first set of 24 small booklets, then switched to free ones online. Now he is reading McGuffey Primer.


I tried "Cursive First" for handwriting, but it seemed too much for James. Now I either have him copy a poem or spelling words or use pages from a copywork book.


Free play time. He was playing "breakout" with Daniel and neighborhood kids. Does it count for P.E.?



1 comment:

  1. Great job James! =) Great job Daixin! Teaching kids to read is no easy task...

    ReplyDelete