Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas Play

Ms. Bee, one of the lead teachers at our church's Children's Sunday School Kindergarten class, spent hours put together a very lovely Christmas play, with five scenes, with dances and songs and finger play, and with lines for almost every role. Several teachers and parents were helping with all the rehearsals and the final production. I was in charging of Mary (Olivia) and Joseph (James), and the four girl inn keepers who also acted as shepherds. Although I had 6 kids to supervise, but my job seemed easier than that of my co-worker Stanley, who got a all-boy band (the angle and three wise men). Working with the children during the four to six rehearsals, I can really tell gender difference in behavior between boys and girls. Acting up is often contagious, but especially among boys.

Anyway, all the children did so well at the final production on Christmas Day. You see innocence, sweetness, talent, and of course, a little naughtiness. Only two years ago, James' stage fright was so big that he refused to try for rehearsal. There he was, not a little bit shy in front the audience. Instead he was making goofy faces on stage.
Four girl inn keepers and shepherds too

The six kids that I was watching

Mary was sitting on Joseph's lap

See James' goofy face and folded arms? No wonder Mary (Olivia) was concerned.
I have Joy Joy Joy Down in My Heart
The all-boy band. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

  1. They're all so cute! =) And I guess boys will be boys?

    joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet! Mind you that some girls could be pretty wild too ;)

    ReplyDelete