Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thank God for summer camp!

This week I have the luxury of having kids-free the mornings. Registered them to a summer camp at a church close to home. I learned of it sort of late, so Daniel didn't get into the soccer track.

Daniel said to me after the second day, "They have lots of Bible in this summer camp, while at BCS (the Christian school he used to go to) they did not."
"Then it's good." I replied.
And they're having fun too.

Honestly, the main reason I sent them there is to have the morning to myself so I could do some preparation work for our homeschool. Day 1 and day 2, I drafted our family educational philosophy and completed the registration package for ACAEC. Day 3, some errands and some reading on Amberside online. This site is fantastic! Thanks to Ashley. The volume of information is a bit overwhelming though. I haven't finished FAQ and introduction yet. I will definitely use the curriculum (mainly the subject and book list) as a framework for our first year, very likely with some adaptions.

Today is day 4 of summer camp. Between dropping off and picking up the kids, I didn't go home but went shopping. Got a pair of sandals for Daniel, a T-shirt and a sling handbag for me, plates and mugs (these were accidental find, but I love them!), and a sofa cover.

Tomorrow is the last day. Hope that I will make the best use of the morning time. So much more needs to be read and so much more needs to be done. Not to mention that there's only 9 days left before our trip to China.

No comments:

Post a Comment